Special Effects Makeup & Casualty Simulation Workshop
We hold regular workshops so if you are interested, we will let you know when the next workshop will be held. Call or email to enquire or book your spot.
Spend 2 hours learning what stage makeup is all about, and how to use it successfully for special effects and casualty simulation.
The uses (and abuses) of stage makeup:
- When to use what – water based, and the tricks of grease paint
- All the bits – find your way round the plethora of applicators
- Techniques for successful removal – always important
- Allergic reactions – how to tell, and how to avoid
- The fun bits – what to do with all the weird stuff – putty, derma wax, Collodion, tooth wax, crepe hair, latex, and more
- Aging – without waiting 30 years! – the simple tricks
- Gore – how long have we got! – burns, bites, broken noses, ripped skin, bullet holes, puncture by nails, glass etc, gashes, black eyes, ...
Prepare to get your hands (...and face, arms etc.) dirty!
The most successful learning technique for special effects is ‘doing it’
Cost: $38, including all materials, notes and completion certificate, with the option to purchase a Special effects Makeup Kit at just $25.
Venue: Centrestage Costumes, 298 Lygon St East Brunswick
Call us now to secure your place for the next scheduled workshop. Ph: 03 9380 6677
* Next workshop TBA. Places are limited.