Introducing: Your other Wardrobe Department!
The problems we solve:
- How much to buy
- Tricky faces
- Special effects
- We can train students to do their own makeup
- What do we have that could be altered?
- What do we need?
- Buy it or hire it or get it made?
- Can we get someone to come onsite to help with fitting and altering the costumes?
- Where do we get that particular hat?
- Is there a cheap and easy way to get a good robot effect?
- What’s the best way to pull off a Moulin Rouge look without costing a fortune?
- How do we make everybody sparkle?
- The right swords for the fight scene?
- The monocle or other particular glasses, the Sherlock pipe, the Bling?
- The bowties and gloves?
Centrestage Costumes has been solving problems for teachers for 30 years!
Let us help with your challenges!
Workshops and Training:
- Special Effects Makeup Workshop
Spend 2 hours learning what stage makeup is all about, and how to use it successfully for special effects and casualty simulation
- The uses (and abuses) of stage makeup
- When to use what – water based, and the tricks of grease paint
- All the bits – find your way round the plethora of applicators
- Techniques for successful removal – always important
- Allergic reactions – how to tell, and how to avoid
- The fun bits – what to do with all the weird stuff – putty, Dermawax, Collodion, tooth wax, crepe hair, latex, and more
- Aging – without waiting 30 years! – the simple tricks
- Gore – how long have we got! – burns, bites, broken noses, ripped skin, bullet holes, puncture by nails, glass etc, gashes, black eyes,
Prepare to get your hands (...and face, arms etc.) dirty! – The most successful learning technique for special effects is ‘doing it’